Help getting movies ripped from dvds onto iPod.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by pkplayer524, Jan 14, 2008.

1. pkplayer524

pkplayer524 New Member

I have been using DVD43 and Handbrake to rip a few of my dvds onto my computer. I currently have the following movies on my computer running fine in iTunes: Anchorman, The Guardian, Jackass 2, The Last Samurai, MI3, Simpson's Movie, Transformers, Zoolander, and 28 Weeks Later. Of these only MI3, Simpson's Movie, Trans, and Zoolander can be added to iPod. For the rest of the movies it says "Some of the movies in your iTunes library, including the video '28 Weeks Later', were not copied to the iPod 'iPod' because they cannot be played on this iPod". Then It says 6 total problems with the little + and lists the rest of the movies in my library. I saved them all in the same MP4 format and I don't know whats the problems with these movies that isn't accruing with the others.

Sorry for the wall of text, If you have any suggestions or questions please respond. Thanks in advance.
  2. Eragon

Eragon New Member

Check the bit rate (audio and video) as well as the screen dimensions of the files you've imported into iTunes but would not copy to the iPod. Ipod videos must not have a screen size greater than 640x480; audio bit rate can't exceed 192 (I set it at 160), and video bit rate can't exceed ~2.4 mbps.

Not sure how current DVD43 is on ripping some of the newer titles, but check the ripped video to make sure you have a good rip before encoding it to MP4.
  3. pkplayer524

pkplayer524 New Member

Ah the screen dimensions were too big for some of them it seems. Can someone who uses Handbreak tell me how to use the size adjuster under advance video, it is grayed out stuck on 720 480.