Help: Get Mic To Work?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by iceman58796, Mar 22, 2009.

1. iceman58796

iceman58796 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Hey guys, I have a jailbroken 2g touch, with the white headphones that come with the touch, im assuming this is the one with the mic? If so, is there a switch or anything to activate the mic? Because i tried using it with a few applications (voice keyboard, a few voip apps, vocoder) but there just seems to be no input from the mic. Tried both headphones, so i've not got the wrong side (r or l). Any ideas?

PS I realise i can buy a mic, and if i cant get these to work i'll get the philips adaptor but obviously would rather not spend the money. and help would be appreciated!

Cheers
  2. geekgrrl

geekgrrl Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    The one with the mic, has an "inline" mic and it has a little finger switch, identical in form to the USB cable - Apple Power Connector at the Apple Power Connector end at the Touch.

If there is an inline mic and it has a switch, it has to be switched (push, repeat push) to the correct place so the music is OFF and the mic is ON.

I used a mic recording "web app" Voxie to find the right place, and to find the right volume setting for VoIP.
  3. iceman58796

iceman58796 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    ok thanks, my headphones don't have a finger switch, therefore i assume im going to need to get the philips.

thanks for your help.