HELP! Forgot to close iTunes during 1.1.2 Jailbreak!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by badgerbadger, Dec 14, 2007.

1. badgerbadger

badgerbadger New Member

To begin with, I had a jailbroken 1.1.1. Working great. Then I updated to 1.1.2 (after installing Oktoprep) but I forgot to close iTunes when I launched the 1.1.2 jailbreak crack which gave me an 'iPod must be restored' message or something to that effect in iTunes so I nervously clicked 'ok' to get rid of it. That made the message disappear. But then the Jailbreak 1.1.2 update/hack froze for 15 ish minutes.

Then (perhaps foolishly) I canceled the Jailbreak and then launched it again and this time clicked 'boot from recovery' which also froze.

So...what should I do? Should I simply restore the iPod in iTunes and go back to scratch and lose all my apps etc. ? Should I give 'boot from recovery' more time? Now when I click the Jailbreak button it says 'cannot connect to device....'.

So, iPod chums - what next?
  2. badgerbadger

badgerbadger New Member

UPDATE: Okay, I now have a working 1.1.2 (jailbroken) but all my apps are gone including mail. The only icon added (to the default set) is the installer app. Is there any way to get my mail application back? I don't even remember how I got mail now. Did I manually install it or did it auto-install when I jailbroke 1.1.1?
  3. ben471

ben471 New Member

You'll have to put your apps back, when you do the 1.1.2 jailbreak process you lose all of your apps anyway. So you didn't do anything wrong that caused you to lose your apps, it's inevitable.
  4. badgerbadger

badgerbadger New Member

Thanks Ben,

Good to hear. So...when I jailbroke the first time, a bunch of apps also installed (weather etc.)

My question is this - do all of *those* apps have to be completely reinstalled? That kinda sucks...especially if you have all your email accounts setup etc.
  5. thesmidge

thesmidge New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yeah, you gotta add repo.us.to to your installer sources, then you will be able to add all the iPhone apps off installer, rather than manual install. And yes, you will have to set up your email account again.
  6. badgerbadger

badgerbadger New Member

Okay...weird - as I am reinstalling these apps - my previously setup email accounts are showing up. This is good.

Thanks for all the help. Very much appreciated. Feeling warm and glowy.
  7. rem736

rem736 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    the upgrade process from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 does not delete your settings. i found that out, too.

if anyone is interested in knowing where your settings reside: /private/var/root/library

just make a backup of this folder prior to doing anything that will have the potential of wiping out your apps. just in case.
  8. owie007

owie007 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yes, apparently all your settings including the notes you typed, your bookmarks and some other settings are saved. It might have to do with iTunes backing up your settings everytime you sync, notice that when you restore your firmware it will access your iTunes account then ask you if you want to restore the old settings or start from scratch? It started showing the restore settings screen after the latest update of iTunes!

Please Register or Log in to view images

"There is always room for improvement..."

Please Register or Log in to view images