help. first time toucher+xp=headaches

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Bernard Crowshit, Dec 25, 2008.

1. Bernard Crowshit

Bernard Crowshit New Member

alright, um, sorry if i don't follow etiquite and that i spell badly. lemme splain..
    alright, i buy touch a few days ago, bring home, and find out my usb ports on oldass computer are oldass usb ports. i live in the sticks yknow, so have to wait a few days to go get usb 2.0 pci card, i got it, put it in, it's not recognized for a while. seems to werk now (the usb 2.0) but touch still won't show up in itunes, and the only place it shows up in my windows xp is under device manager and it says the drivers aren't installed, i do stufff.
    i find that this one driver is required; usbaapl.sys or whatever it says on the apple site, okay, i search computer, it finds two copies of it, in windows drivers and the other place, so okay, i try to update the driver, tell it which folder it's in, i try both and both times, (well several times i try) as soon as it stops trying to find it and the little file starts to fly from here to there, computer crashes. i try this in selective startup and things.
    am i too vague? i dunno, i needs help, i just wanna see this thing do something beyond show me application icons i can't use cause it won't synch or whatever to my computer. i try to look through these threads for something like what i have happen, but i am going crazy and things. please, i needs helps.
    thanks in advance
  2. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Might be obvious but do you have iTunes installed?
  3. Bernard Crowshit

Bernard Crowshit New Member

yeah, itunes installed, i've been uninstalling installing, all that stuff. went through the recommendations from help.
    itunes doesn't see my touch, device mng says the This device is not configured correctly. (Code 1)
    so, try to update driver, that usbaapl business, yeah when the hardware wizard searchs as soon as it finds the driver, computer crashes and reboots. ahhh, don't know what to do now. ???