HELP!!! !!!!!!!!!!! Firmware FWchanger

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by awesome761, Aug 29, 2008.

1. awesome761

awesome761 Banned

My firmware was 2.0.2 and it still kinda is, but i uninstalled fwchanger, so when i plug it into itunes it says firmware 1.1.3 and asked me to update to 2.0.2, i did set it for 1.1.3, but HOW DO I GET IT BACK TO MY OLD FIRMWARE? 2.0.2 is not an option for fwchanger, it just goes up to 2.0. do i delete a .plist fie, what do i do? i am not going to restore!:
    HELP HERE!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: FINAllY i did custom firmware to 2.0.2 and i uninstalled it and my ipod is perfect! I WILL NEVER EVER INSTALL THIS AGAIN!!!
  2. Fehr

Fehr New Member

I'm currently on 2.0... and I was using FWChanger as well, until I realized that it made Cydia recognize it differently. It was "Candy(Lips)" until Cydia decided that it wasn't on FW 2.0... and that it was instead on firmware 1.1.x. It is then simple to say that FWChanger can really screw you over if you're not careful about it.

I have no idea how to fix your problem, but to everyone else that isn't screwed, don't use FWChanger.
  3. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Write 2.0.2 as the version and 5C1 as the tag or whatever the second one is, and then take a f***ing chill pill.