Help- FF8 on psx4iphone 0.8.0

Discussion in 'Playstation 1 (PSX) Emulator (psx4iphone)' started by outkast1, Nov 24, 2009.

1. outkast1

outkast1 New Member

Jun 15, 2009
    I have an iPhone 3GS, running OS 3.1.2 and have psx4iphone 0.8.0

I'm trying to play my favorite game from PS1, Final Fantasy 8 and I can't get it to work.

FF7 works fine, I get about 45+ frames per second on it and am very pleased with the overall performance.

I can't get FF8 to work no matter what I do. On psx4iphone it works until I start 'New Game' and then the screen goes black, the music kind of screws up and kind of sounds like it starts looping, but it never goes away from the black screen even if I wait 15-20 minutes.

I know I have a good file. I tried multiple iso/img files from the internet and they all gave me this problem. I finally used Alcohol 52% to rip my own file from my own original disk, so I know the file is not broken. Plus, the game works fine, perfectly playable on ePSXe. I read on Zod's psx4iphone compatibility chart that FF8 should work (although supposedly slow) but I can't get past the title screen.

So, can anyone tell me how I can get this game to work? Is there something I'm doing wrong? I have the correct bios, FF7 and FF Tactics both work.

Or, does anyone know how I could transfer my save state from ePSXe to psx4iphone? Or a memory card save?

Thanks in advance.