[help] 'Fetch New Data' not fetching new data.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dsm.iv.tr, Nov 11, 2009.

1. dsm.iv.tr

dsm.iv.tr New Member

Aug 19, 2009
    Hi folks, long time reader, first time poster.

My issue boils down to the title, more or less. For some reason, my Touch doesn't fetch my calendar or mail anymore. Push seems to work, though I always leave it off, but not Fetch. I have tried resetting network settings, but not 'Reset All Settings' or a full restore. It's a jailbroken 2G, with 3.1.2.

I know Fetch is broken because in the past, I used to have it set on fetch every hour for my calendar. If the wifi was off and fetch every hour was set, it would fetch the next time I turned wifi on (as indicated by the little spinner icon beside the wifi signal). In SBSettings' process manager, Mail would be running and if I killed it, it would immediately restart iself.

Now, the spinner never appears in the same situation, and the Mail process doesn't even show up from boot, nor does it remain running if I open mail and close mail, or open/close calendar.

I'm wondering if anyone else here has the same issue, or if there is a way to reset the Fetch/Push stuff without a full restore.

Thanks, and I hope this is the right section for this post.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    For what it's worth, 'Reset All Settings' didn't fix it. I suppose I'll try a dfu restore.