[help] experts on making theme

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by stephan001, Aug 15, 2008.

1. stephan001

stephan001 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    so i got the organ theme by madsoul and it looks awesome.but since its not a complete theme i decided to make an other.artwork file to go along with it. well it turns out its harder than it seems (big surprise to other

Please Register or Log in to view images

). so right now i'm tryin' to make the volume bar and the volume bar fill (2 different things) i realize that there are two different colours on the top and the bottom. i need to know how to make that and i need to know how to make one part of it shine. i'm trying to post a pic of what i'm trying to say but if anybody gets what i'm saying plzz help. by the way i'm on 2.0 and i have photoshop cs2.

ps: and i know how to edit the other.artwork file just not the images in it

srry cant get a pic to work. i'm kinda retarded

------------------double post merged------------------
    since i'm thinking nobody undestands can anybody give me a tut on making the blue icons at the bottom of the music player (the artist,songs,etc) thx

2. JonTheAzn

JonTheAzn Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You might get more help if you ask the Themes Tutorial Section, but that's just my opinion...

Edit: It got moved there, cool now my post is completely useless
  3. Baum

Baum New Member

the simpelst way to change color is to join the wirght layer and press ctrl + u
    now you can colour it like you want.
    To make it shine just open the Blending Options and now there are some possiblities...
    - Outer Glow
    - Inner Glow

Here you can make it shiny =)

But I have also a question...how can I edit artwork-files on 2.0.1 on Windows?
    Because I also make a new theme at the moment.

Cheers
  4. JonTheAzn

JonTheAzn Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'll tell you how to edit other.artwork files only if you promise to share your theme once it's done, k? k. Just read http://www.saurik.com/id/9 the section called Cached .artwork files and it'll explain how to edit them, but it only works on winterboard. If you need any help feel free to ask
  5. Baum

Baum New Member

Ya,
    i will share my theme when i am ready.
    But i found a other way to edit them^^
    Cheers