HELP: Error 1601

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by nomorefightingcats, Jul 29, 2008.

1. nomorefightingcats

nomorefightingcats New Member

HELP: Error 1601 [FIXED]

Alright, so I was trying to jailbreak my touch (fw 2.0) with winpwn 2.0.0.3, and the iPwner exploited my iTunes okay, but upon restoring to that firmware, I got the 1601 error. My iPod is still stuck in DFU mode.

I've already deleted the files in Application Data/Apple Computers/blahblahblah, uninstalled the Apple Mobile Device Support, Apple Software Update and iTunes (through Add or Remove Programs), restarted my computer, then redownloaded iTunes. However, my iPod still won't restore. Is there anything I'm missing, or should I be going to Apple for help?

EDIT: I finally got my iPod out of DFU mode; I'm going to try restoring with the custom firmware again.

EDIT 2: Custom 2.0 FW gave me error 6, trying original 2.0 FW.

EDIT 3: Original worked just fine, iPod fully functional. Re-Pwning with WinPwn 2.0.0.3.

EDIT 4: Successfully restored to custom 2.0 IPSW. Jailbreak successful.

NOTE: I've noticed that there's some confusion as to whether or not you can boot out of DFU mode manually. You can, in fact, do so. Just do a hard reset, guys.
  2. The Baydestrian

The Baydestrian Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    i have the same problem
    i get the 1601 and the 1602 errors
    its either one or the other
    help please?
  3. mlbplayer456

mlbplayer456 Banned

4. nomorefightingcats

5. sp33dfreak

sp33dfreak New Member

just so im clear.you install your custom FW over the original 2.0 firmware?
  6. nomorefightingcats

Yes, and you can save that firmware (*.IPSW) to your hard drive so you can continue to restore back to that jailbreak. Although, I'm not sure whether or not you have to continue "pwning" iTunes before you restore your iPod to the custom IPSW.