Help downgrading iphone 2.0 to 1.1.4 Please!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by salsa88, Jul 23, 2008.

1. salsa88

salsa88 New Member

Ive read the guides on downgrading from 2.0 to 1.1.4 but i don't understand how I change the baseban back to 1.1.4 can some please help me get my iphone unlocked again!

Quote from downgrading guide

"6.) If you need to unlock you phone again, you'll need downgrade your baseband back 1.1.4. To do this and return to 04.04.05_G (1.1.4 baseband), load bootneuter. If you don't have this, install it from installer. Run bootneuter with Neuter, 4.6, and unlock. When it's done, you will have an unlocked 04.04.05_G again, the same as it was before updating to 2.0."

How can i change the baseban back to 1.1.4 to unlock my iphone if i cant get into my iphone to install installer beacuse it locked?!?!
    Please help!
    Remember im talking about my "iphone" not "ipod"
  2. BiJay

BiJay Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Download the 1.1.4 IPhone Firmware (Google should help) and Itunes 7.5 then restore your IPhone to 1.1.4. Then do the jailbreaking stuff and you're fine. Alternatively use the search function - very helpful tool to be honest.
  3. salsa88

salsa88 New Member

I have already done all the above when i try to recover 1.1.4 but i get an error, I wont let me restore 1.1.4!! ive tried 13 times and i get an error in all restore modes, also when i shift click and select downloaded 1.1.4
  4. b19jon

b19jon New Member

Tbh I thought it was just me, It wont let me do it either so I gave up and am just waiting for the goodies to be available for version 2.
  5. BiJay

BiJay Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    What kind of an error? And did you try it in DFU mode?
  6. andybno1

andybno1 Banned

ok so you have 7.5 installerd and 1.1.4 firmware all good to enter DFU in 2.0 do as followed

plug ipod into pc/mac

if ipod is on turn it off

give it a min

now hold the home and sleep buttons down and count to 10

when you read 10 let go of the home button only and count a further 10 seconds and iTunes will pop up saying its detected an ipod in recovery mode, go ahead and hold shift (pc) or alt key (mac) and click restore and point iTunes to the ipsw for 1.1.4

PLEASE NOTE: I have noticed that the last part of dfu where you hold the home button down it can take upto 20 seconds with windows.