Help: Downgrading from 1.1.3 to 1.1.1

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Johnny Quest, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Johnny Quest

Johnny Quest Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Ok, I restored my ipod touch because I was not getting my settings. Now, when I connected my ipod to the computer it had to upgrade it wouldn't give me a choice. So, its 1.1.3. I'm trying to downgrade according to other website. I'm doing everything right, then it comes to iTunes I do the "shift" restore but it still doesn't work.

Can somebody help me? thank you.
  2. cameleon1267

cameleon1267 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I used this method twice and it worked perfectly:
    http://www.tuaw.com/2008/01/16/downgrading-your-1-1-3-iphone-or-ipod-touch/

hope this can help you
  3. Johnny Quest

Device:
    iPhone 6
    still in a jam

Thanks for the help.
    I've tried it 8x and my itouch is still in that itunes connect mode. I keep "restore and update" so I can get the original set up and start all over. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Looks like I may have to settle with 1.1.3 and buy the package and wait for the jailbreak version comes out.
    Any last suggestions before taking this leap?
  4. Kerber0s34

Kerber0s34 New Member

Try this:

Let iTunes Restore to 1.1.3.

Then force restore mode by holding the Power and Home buttons together, then when the screen goes black, release the power button and keep holding the home button until iTunes says that it has detected the ipod in restore mode.

Then do a Shift+Restore to 1.1.1.

If you want to upgrade to 1.1.2 and run the TouchFree jailbreak, you will need to be using iTunes 7.5 before upgrading to 1.1.2.

I've done this method many times and never had a problem.
  5. Johnny Quest

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Downgrading Thanks

OH MAN, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!! it worked finally. I went to sleep last night at 6am trying to get this right. Thank you, you're the best.

quick question: upgrading to 1.1.2, I got what you wrote, is there any difference in loading all apps on 1.1.2 that was on 1.1.1?
  6. Kerber0s34

Kerber0s34 New Member

No difference for loading the apps on 1.1.2, just when you add the applerepo.com to the sources, install the 1.1.2 apps instead. The main thing, is you must be using iTunes 7.5 when you do the 1.1.2 firmware upgrade, after installing the OKToPrep under 1.1.1. iTunes 7.6 undoes what OKToPrep does.