[HELP] Don't know where else to put this.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ipodtouchmagic, Jan 9, 2008.

1. ipodtouchmagic

ipodtouchmagic New Member

I have 2 questions about the iPod Touch.

1. What is the black patch thing on back of the iPod Touch in the upper left corner? Why is it there?

2. Most people can't see it, but on the front (face) of the iPod Touch in the top black section off the screen, in the iPod it looks like there is a sensor, or camera, or something inside...What is it? Sorry that it's not specific enough...If I find a picture of it, where you can see it, I'll post it.

Thanks for your help.
  2. markymarkdotcom

markymarkdotcom New Member

1) This is your wifi antenna

2) This is a light sensor used for the "auto brightness" option on the screen

enjoy!
  3. Timeless_Melody

Timeless_Melody New Member

the bit on the back is the wifi receiver, and i think the little dot on the front MAY be an auto brightness sensor or something, not sure about that though. but the black bit is definitely the wifi reciever
  4. theraul03

theraul03 New Member

Answer

The little black square or w.e located on the back of the iPod touch is the Wi-Fi antena, that is how you connect to the internet.

The little bulb on the front of the ipod is a light sensor, it's there for the following reasons, if you are outside and there's a lot of light, the sensor tells the ipod that there's too much light on the ipod and it's decreases the brightness of the screen, if you are somewhere where there is a very poor light condition, the sensor tells the ipod that it needs more brightness in the screen. This is all so you can save battery power and you have a better view to the screen. You can always get rid of it, by going to settings -> General -> Display -> and tap where it says " Auto-Brightness [on] [off]" if you have it off the senson will be off and if you tap it on, it will turn on.
    Hope this helped.
  5. ipodtouchmagic

ipodtouchmagic New Member

Cool, thanks EVERYONE!