[HELP] Diskaid, Free space on Root folder

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by ziqi, Jun 5, 2009.

1. ziqi

ziqi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi all. I have mplayer installed on my ipod touch 2g 16 gb and I transfer video files to view on it using Diskaid. The video files are stored at root\private\var\media. When I open the directory, it shows that I only have 123.84mb on it. I know this is impossible as I tried loading video files that are over 1gb into that directory before. Anyway, when I tried to load files that are smaller than 123.84mb into it, it transfers successfully but Diskaid still shows there's 123.84mb, not decreasing after the file transfer. When I tried to transfer a file that's bigger than 123.84mb, a popup says "Free Space on your device is not enough to copy this item". Is there anyone else who's using Diskaid and has this problem too? Anyone knows how to solve this problem?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Kratos_1000

Kratos_1000 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    ...i'm getting this too!

Hey i'm getting this too, i might see if i can get an older version of diskaid, cos my computer got reformatted, and i didn't back up the installer, so i redownloaded the newest one which is Diskaid 2.53 or something and now it doesn't work, so i'll see what hapens.
  3. ziqi

ziqi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey Kratos thanks for the reply. I sent an email to the developers regarding this issure and they replied saying the newest version (2.54) will solve this bug. Will try it tonight.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Well tried uninstalling 2.53 and installed 2.54 but problem still persists. Wrote another email to them. Anybody with a solution?
  4. Kratos_1000

Kratos_1000 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Diskaid 2.56 out.

Diskaid 2.56, which came out like probally a day ago at the most will hopefully solve this. And did anyone manage to get a copy of Diskaid 2.55? That lasted like hours untill 2.56 came out.
  5. ziqi

ziqi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Tested 2.56, still getting the same thing. Hope looks bleak.

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. agsgymboy

agsgymboy New Member

no wonder, the root folder (partition) only has 500 MBs of memory. It is where the actual firmware is installed.