Help / DFU mode / Jailbreak!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by hennabaker, Aug 10, 2009.

1. hennabaker

hennabaker New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I am trying so hard to jailbreak my phone! But I'm having trouble getting into DFU mode. I've read other threads with people having this problem or similar, and have found no solution. I've tried using a timer to make sure I'm holding down the buttons for the right amount of time, I've tried following along with youtube videos, I've googled, I've followed the instructions on redsnow, and nothing is working. I'm stuck at the second page of instructions. First it tells you to power off, but remain plugged in. I go to the next page, where we get the fast set of instructions to hold down power, then power plus home, then just home, all for so many seconds. But each time the countdown ends, I'm getting an error message telling me I haven't done it right. I'm on a 1G iPod touch, I have the latest OS 3.0, and I'm using the latest version of redsnow, 0.8. I'm pretty sure I've got all these parts right. And I'm certain I'm holding the buttons down for the proper amount of time (I've tried 10 seconds each, 10 seconds then 8 seconds, and the seconds shown on the countdown, and even listening for beeps). I've restored my iPod, and tried again. I've switched usb ports, and even usb cables. None of those seem to be the problem. Does anyone have any advice or new ideas I can try? I really want to jailbreak so bad!
  2. Puaar94

Puaar94 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    exactly the same problem i need help!!
  3. iptman

iptman Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Make sure you are running as admin. and in xp compatibility mode
    uninstall libusb if you have it
    close itunes