Help Desperately needed! Please?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Stickworkshop, Jul 3, 2010.

1. Stickworkshop

Stickworkshop New Member

Ok, here's what went wrong with my iPod, I need a reply really quickly as I'm going away for a long time tomorrow and need my iTouch. You will be helping me so muuch if you solve this.

1. It kept on turning off as it was turning on. I was told a way to put it into recovery mode and it worked.

2. I plugged it into the computer and clicked restore. It started and halfway through it said "Your iPod touch is not eligible for this bla bla bla" So I clicked more information and it told me download the new iTunes.

3. So I did, and now my iPod isn't recognised by the computer whether
    it's in normal mode (Cos of the turning on thing) or whether in recovery mode. It doesn't show up in iTunes or My Computer and it says in the bottom right "An error occured your hardware may not work properly."

I thank you n advance if you can help me with this. I will worship you if you can.
  2. mikeac

mikeac Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    1. Reboot your computer.
    2. Force your iPod Touch off (Hold Sleep + Home until it powers off) while the iPod Touch is connected
    3. Put it int DFU Mode (Hold Power for five seconds, then hold home+power for ten seconds, the release power and hold home until itunes detects your device in recovery)
    4. Restore your iPod Touch.

Try different USB ports and computers.
  3. chrotek

chrotek Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    sounds to me like itunes is trying to put ios 4.0 on your ipod touch and if you have a first generation (i assume you do) you wont be able to put 4.0 on , just google ipod touch firmwares and get 3.1.3 for your ipod , then shift click on restore and point it to the dowbloaded firmware . That should sort it out

Please Register or Log in to view images

------------------double post merged------------------
    Sorry for the typos im on my ipod

4. mikeac

mikeac Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Oh. Derr. That's probably it. Well, try both things. You can't get firmware 3.1.3 on this website, since it is a paid software update.
  5. chrotek

chrotek Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I wasnt charged for 3.1.3 it updated in itunes, pretty sure its free
  6. mikeac

mikeac Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    iPod Touch 1G firmware updates 2.0-3.1.3 are 'paid' updates. You only have to pay once though. iPod Touch 2G updates 3.0-3.1.3 were paid updates, again you only had to pay five dollars once and you get the rest free. I wasn't charged because I restored and iTunes gave it to me for free.
  7. chrotek

chrotek Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ahhh fair enough . Strange though , ive never paid for any of the cause i skipped the paid updates . I wauted till 3.1 was released and updated to that

8. Stickworkshop

Stickworkshop New Member

ok, I'm using a 3rd gen I'm pretty sure, deffo not first.
    And I've tried turning my comp on and off, different computers + USB ports. Its already in Recover mode...
  9. chrotek

chrotek Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    are you in recovery or dfu? i spent ages wondering why mine wouldnt work then i realised i was in recovery. ignore what itunes says itll say recovery no matter which your in but im pretty sure it only works in dfu .

this is how to put it in DFU mode:
    1. Have iPod connected to computer with iTunes open.
    2. Hold sleep and home buttons together.
    3. Once the iPod dissappears or disconnects from iTunes, let go out the sleep button but keep holding the home button.
    4. After a little bit iTunes might come up with an error, just simply reconnect your iPod and now you're in DFU mode.
  10. Stickworkshop

Stickworkshop New Member

I don't think you understand. I thought that I'd put mine in recovery mode, but I've been putting it in DFU mode, which is what other sites have suggested. Now when I connect it to the computer however, nothing At All happens. Rather than making the two beeps that it makes when my ipod usually connects, it replays the first beep 3 times, as if it hasn't connected properly. No bubble appears in the bottom right corner of the screen, it doesn;t appear in My Computer and iTunes acts as if nothing is there. That's the problem.
    I hope that somebody can reply to this in time.