Help! Decrease Application Lag?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by LtAreaFish117, Sep 5, 2010.

1. LtAreaFish117

LtAreaFish117 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi everyone, I kinda need a bit of help. I want to record the screen of my iPod Touch, so I'm running ScreenSplitr, but it's making the iPod really laggy. Combined with the lag when the video is sent through iDemo to the computer screen, the quality is so bad it's not even worth doing anymore.

I don't want to overclock, because it decreases the battery life, but I want the iPod to be able to run smoother. Possibilities for running faster include:

- Decreasing frame rate on iPod
    - Decreasing video quality on iPod (either resolution or color quality)
    - Turn off display without locking it, so touching the display still affects applications and stuff and the response would be visible on the computer screen

Are any of these possibilities realistic? And if they are, how would I do it? If it helps, the application that I want to run smoother is Brothers in Arms 2: Global Front. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

-LtAreaFish117
  2. SwiftSkii

SwiftSkii Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Weeel, screensplitr cant handle that kind of stuff, and idk what else you could do exept play a different game....
  3. LtAreaFish117

LtAreaFish117 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    No offense, but that's not really helpful. Just to clarify, I'm trying to record game footage from Brothers in Arms 2, so not playing it isn't really an option. What I need to know is if there's a way to reduce lag. Thanks anyways.
  4. helikido

helikido New Member

The game is too much of a hassle for any 8gb version itouch. U need a 3g model cuz its the one that has the good hardware to run apps smooth.
  5. SwiftSkii

SwiftSkii Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Wait, 1G?

Dude, the 1G cant handle that stuff.

Screensplitr probably can.
  6. LtAreaFish117

LtAreaFish117 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    What do you mean by 1G? I have an iPod Touch, 3rd Generation, 8 Gig, running the 3.1.3 firmware. Where did you get 1G from? Seriously, somebody help please.
  7. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Your ipod touch it says ipod touch 8gb it should be a 2g there.

To run smoother:

Delete some unimportant stuff,
    delete laungaue
    delete daemon
    decrease brightness
    increaase pro

I knew of a twek that made ipod have that thing where it would decrease frame rate, but I think its on a *aciolulgehgl* repo.