Help Decide

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by KingOfWar, Nov 8, 2008.

1. KingOfWar

KingOfWar New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Sup guys. I havent been on the forum in a while. I used to have an iPod Touch but returned it (The first gen 16 gig of course) And I was into JBing it and sh*t.

Anyways I just bought the whole guitar hero 4 pack which was $210.

And one of my drum cymbols broke.. so we are deciding to return it too.

Anyways I was wondering if I should buy the 2nd gen iPod Touch 16 gig.

Is it worth it right now. And whats new other then appstore. I havent been up to date since then 1.1.3 (I think thats correct) patch. Since like winpwn and stuff.
  2. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    First of all, the 2nd generation iPod touch has not been jailbroken yet. The iPhone Dev Team is currently working on this, but it may be delayed as they are also progressing towards an iPhone 3G unlock.

If you're eager about jailbreaking, I would hold off until it has been confirmed that the 2nd-generation iPod touch has been jailbroken. But, the App Store is a great alternative and offers thousands of applications. Jailbreaking is more for customization and going beyond the limits that Apple set on the App Store.

The 2nd-gen iPod touch has a speaker, along with volume controls, as well as new headphones that support microphone line-in and allow you to record your voice. As well, there is a new curved aluminum casing similar to iPhone 3G, which gives the iPod touch a nice cosmetic makeover.

On the other hand, the 1st-gen iPod touch is now up to Firmware 2.1, which is jailbroken. You can jailbreak Firmware 2.1 for the 1G iPod touch by using QuickPwn. You can have the App Store and Cydia/Installer together once you are jailbroken.