[HELP] Dead iPod touch 2G

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by greekleo, Apr 24, 2009.

1. greekleo

greekleo New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Hello,
    my name is Leonidas and I recently joined your forum. The main reason I registered is because I wanted to post my questions here and -if I can- offer advice for your own problems,too.
    Yesterday early morning -around 3 o' clock- i was exploring a "cydia" sector I hadn't discovered before - tweaks and utilities. I downloaded enough apps from there like extended prefs, logome, numerical wi-fi. Something went wrong with "logome" app and I removed it with "cydelete". When I changed my mind and wanted to re-install "logome" on my iPod, I went to cydia store. Everything was allright...I could see the black screen writing "unpacking[...]" etc. Suddenly, my iPod's screen closed, a bunch of green lines appeared on the top of it for half a second and then I could not turn it back on. I tried force start many times...When next morning I plugged it into my PC, a balloon appeared writing that "the device is not recognizable". When I went into iTunes, the program could not find the hardware. When I tried to force start, the only thing that happened is the re-appearance of the same balloon writing that "the device is not recognizable". To summarize...yesterday my iPod got really messed up... Please, if you have some experience on this subject give me a response with the possible solution. If I take it to Rainbow (Apple's representative in Greece) they might see it is jailbroken and my warranty will be going bye-bye, right? I am not really in the mood of blowing another 230 euro for a new iPod, because I know this is not going happen! Moreover, this is software related..i don't think something is bugged into the hard stuff...
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    ok I run into DFU mode and tried to recover it with the custom221.ipsw and nothing happened...I tried to recover it with the normal OS though and it worked fine! Now I can see the silver apple smiling at me and the progress bar doing..progress(!). Would you advise me to jailbreak it again?
  2. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

Welcome to the forums Leonidas

Please Register or Log in to view images

I'd advise you to jailbreak again if you want all the benefits of jailbreaking, but keep in mind that LogoMe is compatible ONLY if you jailbroke using RedSn0w Beta 0.3.

In your post you mention that you used Custom Firmware: I reccomend you use RedSn0w as it jailbreaks directly onto your device, so no need to build a firmware, along with numerous other advantages

http://www.redsn0w.com

Good Luck with any future attempts

3. vannmann

vannmann New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    and if you can't download *******s, theres a download in my signature
    here \/ \/ \/
  4. muffinza192

muffinza192 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i recomend jailbreaking but dont use logome
  5. firefoxuser

firefoxuser New Member

• Irrelevant/off-topic posts
    this is sparta!
  6. ralphbananas

ralphbananas New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i recommend restoring to original firmware, and then jailbreaking with redsn0w 0.3. i did this and i use logome on a regular basis.

plus, your name is badass.
  7. laharl88

laharl88 New Member

Hi guys! I'm writing here because I have a simlar problem. A few days ago i installed logome on my ipod 2g, and i read that if i wanted to use it succesfully i had to jailbreak my ipod with redsnow. I didn't actually know if i did jailbreak it with redsnow, so i decided to try, thinking that the worst consequence would have been restoring my ipod. When i tried to restart the ipod after using the program nothing happened, so i tried to plug it into my mac, and nothing happened, even if i tried to put it into DFU mode or recovery mode, just nothing... Then i realized that the ipod is actually running, the screen is on, altough it's completely black, so maybe it's stuck while booting so that i can do nothing via software, because both my mac and windows won't recognize it. I thought that i should wait for it to turn off because of battery, and then try to put into DFU. Do you guys have any advice on how could i fasten the process of consuming battery? Or do you have any other ideas? Thanks bye
  8. muffinza192

muffinza192 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    logome only works with redsn0w 0.3 or it screws everything up like what happened to u and u have to restore
  9. laharl88

laharl88 New Member

I got that far. but thanks anyway... the problem is that i can't restore because i can't get into DFU mode, i found a similar problem here
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145072
    so i'm waiting, and i think that today i'll try to plug it again in my computer. Any help appreciated ^^ thanks
  10. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    You can always get into DFU as it is in the hardware, not the software.

Just be very exact with your timings. Turn up your volume on your computer so you can hear the chimes