Help Cute FTP

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by l3ebs, Nov 1, 2007.

1. l3ebs

l3ebs New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Hey,

I did as said in tuts and videos.

I entered my ip and then entered user:root and pass: alpine and then press next...

About 15 seconds later it comes up with error saying "the host validation failed. check that the username and password are correct. press no to skip check."

The thing is, I have tried this 3 times and have entered the password and username correctly.

Please help.

Thanks
  2. l3ebs

l3ebs New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Bump.!.!.!
  3. sn1p3r

sn1p3r New Member

Have you made sure you have OpenSSH installed on your ipod? if not it can be found on the installer app and must first be installed before ftp'ing into your ipod.
  4. edisonho1990

edisonho1990 New Member

yeah, i was wondering is inserting the ip address optional, because i don't have wi-fi connected with my ipod touch :S
  5. Andy Huang

Andy Huang Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ip address is required in order for you to make use of ssh to connect to your iPod. If you do not have wifi, there is very little point to have an iPod touch jailbroken as most interesting features as result of jailbreak requires internet connectivity of some sort.
  6. thomashayes

thomashayes New Member

1) Make sure both or your computers are connected to the same wireless network. They cannot be on different networks.

2) Disable firewalls on your computer. Including the Mac OS X or Windows firewalls.

3) Check your iPod Touch's IP address. Settings - WiFi - Blue arrow next to your network. Should be something like 192.168.0.7

4) Type in this IP address, username: root , password: alpline

Hopefully this should work!
  7. HansHaber

HansHaber New Member

Hello,
    got the same problem here. And i can't find the OpenSSH in the installer application...

EDIT:
    My Problem is solved. i had to download the extra comunity package, this contained the OpenSSH.