Help connecting my ipod to itunes apple mobile device error

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Clubberlang, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Clubberlang

Clubberlang New Member

Even Apple couldnt help me argh!! So i get a message about not having sufficient priveleges to start apple mobile device which is why i cant connect my ipod. I have uninstalled everything about 4 times now (itunes, quicktime, apple updater and apple mobile device) then i did it once more with the apple support guy after about an hour he decided he couldnt help me as it was a microsoft issue and told me to search microsoft support for this number 839174. Which i did and follow the resolution instructions but they havent worked. Everytime i try to start apple mobile device i get this error "You receive an "Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion" error message when you stop or pause a managed Windows service" Now im at a dead end as the apple guy told me to ring microsoft but microsoft wont help me because i have an oem version of vista they will help me if i pay 50 smackers its a complete joke. So can anyone on here help me out?
  2. muffinza192

muffinza192 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i think u have to go into the registry and turn on apple mobile device service.
  3. Clubberlang

Clubberlang New Member

how do i do this?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Ok i went in the registry and there is no option to turn this on i stuck i have tried loads of things and none work like firewall rules and playing around in regedit but havent got any closer to an answer it seems a few people on the net have had this problem but none of there solutions have worked for me unfortunatly

Please Register or Log in to view images