HELP! confusedd..??

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by ipodtouch1305, Jul 17, 2008.

1. ipodtouch1305

ipodtouch1305 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    okay so i was scanning through the internet awhile back and i found iPod1,1_2.0_5A347_Restore.ipsw on a ******* site. i looked more into it and apparently it was safe and all and since the servers were down for apple i decided to download and try, not that im not gonna buy the real one, but at that point i couldnt! Fortunately everything worked well, ive boughten a few apps and the softwares running somewhat smoothly, only a few lags here and there but today i was scanning throught the internet once again and read somewhere that iPod1,1_2.0_5A347_Restore.ipsw is NOT the final version or safe for your ipod touch and that iPod1,1_2.0_5A345_Restore.ipsw is the real version! can anyone explain to me the difference between teh two and explain which one is infact the final safe version please?
  2. mirco

mirco New Member

The version from Apple available through the iTunes update is 2.0 build 5A347. If you're not sure whether your 5A347 file is the real one (not just renamed or tampered) search for md5 hash and compare with the md5 hash of your file.

If you're going to buy the update from Apple you will get the current one (final) for sure anyway.
  3. Greatnesss

Greatnesss Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    5A345 is the beta and 5A347 is the Final.
  4. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Might as well just get the new one when you can. It has fewer bugs, and will be safer to use on your iPod.
  5. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    5A347 is the final release and can be downloaded off iTunes
  6. Robman62

Robman62 New Member

is there a problem with 5A345 i heard they were the same....o well i guess i have to restore my ipod to 5A347...i hope it works