Help concerning applications after jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by rhythmisnothing, Jan 27, 2008.

1. rhythmisnothing

rhythmisnothing New Member

Hey guys, I just successfully jailbreaked my ipodtouch to 1.1.3.
    As a result, all of my applications are gone, but when I connect my ipod to itunes, it had 70+mb worth of "Other" files (14.3 gigs audio, 660.4 kb photos, 72.3 mb OTHER, 463 mb free space)
    Is this normal?

Also, I went to installer after jailbreaking, and still saw some applications in the "Uninstall" option, so I uninstalled everything besides summerboard. It gives me an error when I try to uninstall it. I know you aren't supposed to be able to run summerboard without messing with things, but I don't want to use it anyhow. Is there a way to uninstall?
  2. hardaysknight

hardaysknight New Member

there is a way to change your system to think its running 1.1.2 I forgot what file it is so just search for it... After that try uninstalling...if that doesn't work install mobilefinder and delete the app
  3. dagored

dagored Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I have the same question that rhythmisnothing has. Can You uninstall? I have looked for it using SSH, but I can not find it. I assume it is gone.
  4. rhythmisnothing

anyone else...?
  5. callum-m-r

callum-m-r New Member

Go to /System/Library/CoreServices and there's a file called SystemVersion.plist.

It's ASCII so you should have not trouble changing where it says 1.1.3 (near the end of the file) to say 1.1.2.

Then try uninstalling again, see if it works. Haven't had the same issue but it's my best guess.
  6. rhythmisnothing

how about the 70+ megs of other files? is this normal?
    seems like a lot..
  7. callum-m-r

callum-m-r New Member

Not sure, I've got 150mb under 'other', 4 apps including installer... Pretty weird= /