HELP! Changed wrong permissions.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by gadgetsboyj, Apr 16, 2008.

1. gadgetsboyj

gadgetsboyj Banned

I changed the permissions on the CoreServices folder to 777 and I got the spinning ring of death. I haven't yet turned off my iPod and I set it back to 755. I still have SSH access however, my SSH turns off after a reboot because of a problem. Is it safe to reboot?

EDIT: My iPod rebooted itself. Gonna hope I don't need to restore.

EDIT 2: NVM. Rebooted into perfectly fine working state. Is there any way to change those permissions without having problems because I use MobileFinder to switch between different SystemVersion plists for convenience.
  2. ddgv

ddgv Well-Known Member

well ... it happened to me with the permissions of an app....... so turn your ipod on ... and plug it in to your computer so it has a power source.... and if you hear the sound of the ipod being connected to a power source then go ahead and start your ssh program in your computer... i did it with winscp and worked just fine..... so you should be able to connect to your ipod.. and change what ever you changed back... give it a try again
  3. gadgetsboyj

gadgetsboyj Banned

It already rebooted itself and I figured out what happened. I don't think it was the permission change but a changed SystemVersion.plist. All I changed was the build to 5A240d and it stopped working. I changed it back before it rebooted and everything worked.