HELP! Capacity 300 MB?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mark_juch, Nov 21, 2007.

1. mark_juch

mark_juch New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I have tried to jailbreak my iPodTouch version 1.1.1. with the jailbreak guide from Touchdev. ( www.touchdev.net/wiki/Jailbreak_Guide )
    However after initiating the first action on my iPodTouch it crashed safari (it's suppost to do so) now my iPodTouch is showing only 300 MB of memory and iTunes is unable to sync properly with my iPod Touch.
    When I tried to initiate the next steps to Jailbreak my iPodTouch, I ran into some problems when I opened Terminal. It asked for a password which I didn't know.
    So I'm stuck!

Please Register or Log in to view images

I've tried to reboot my iPodtouch but that didn't work eather!
    What else can I do? Right now I can't put any music or pictures on my iPodTouch!

Please Register or Log in to view images

Please can somebody help me?
  2. 1god1king

1god1king New Member

On your iPod touch, navigate in Safari to http://jailbreak.toc2rta.com . It will crash your Safari and return you to the home screen, but this is expected; it means the code was executed and you will be able to browse the file system with full read/write access. Once you do this, iTunes will be unable to sync properly with your device until you re-enable it later in the instructions (it will only show 300MB of space in iTunes; this is normal until you correct it later in the instructions

it say this in the guide you used it does tell you what to do later in the guide

like here :

Fix iTunes Syncing
    19. If you're not already there, navigate to /var/root and rename Media to Media_sym

20. Rename Mediaold to Media. Keep the FTP and SSH windows open.

21. Open iTunes and allow it to activate. If it doesn't recognize your iPod, reboot it and/or restart iTunes.

If all else fails do a force restore and use this to jailbreak

or you could try
    If your on 1.1.1 go to the website Jailbreakme.com on your Iphone/ Ipod Touch and scroll to the bottom, click install appsnap. Done!
  3. mark_juch

mark_juch New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Thanks for your info!
  4. mynameisBEEKMAN

mynameisBEEKMAN Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    1.1.1 and jailbreakme.com is much easier
  5. iPodToucher16

iPodToucher16 New Member