help, cant turn on my ipod

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by excel000, Feb 6, 2009.

1. excel000

excel000 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    okay, i followed Cywood's program to jailbreak my ipod, it worked then i tried installing winterboard so it rebooted my ipod. how i can't turn it back on. i tunes doesn't recognize it and 1 click boot doesn't work. i think i put it in DFU mode but i don't know what to do next. I've searched the forums and i can't find a solution to this problem
  2. Xii

Xii New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Do you people even read anymore. Seriously you go ahead with the jailbreak without taking a chance to read what it even means.

The jailbreak for the iPod Touch 2G is currently "tethered". Meaning everytime you reboot your ipod, you must use a boot program or cmd command prompt to get it to boot up again. You DO NOT have to restore it through iTunes again. Just the last few steps that you did AFTER restoring from your custom firmware.
  3. Legendairy

Legendairy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    This especially made me laugh:
    "i can't find a solution to this problem"

First of all: it's not a problem, it's called tethered for a reason.
    Second: read stuff throughly before doing something, like they say measure twice, cut once.

Put your ipod in DFU but holding down Power and Home together for 7 seconds, release power and continue holding Home for another 7 seconds, then download this:
    http://www.2shared.com/file/4818725/8c33188e/1clickboot.html

and run 1clickboot.bat
  4. Coasterboi

Coasterboi New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    This is a prime example of blind downloading.
  5. excel000

excel000 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    uh if you actually read my post you would've known i already put it into DFU mode and tried 1 click boot. dumbass. i know it's tethered that's why i tried using that.

some people are just too stubborn to read people's posts and just read the thread title. i already knew i had to use a boot program, i'm asking for help because it's not working
  6. fastfreddy101

fastfreddy101 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    you are probly not sctually puting in DFU hold home+power til beep on your computer and let go of power then hold home til you hear another beep then run oneclickboot
  7. Legendairy

Legendairy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Actually if you had read you're own post you would have realized YOU DIDN'T

This sentence says it all: "i think i put it in DFU mode but i don't know what to do next. "

See you said ">>i think<< i put it in DFU" and then you said "i don't know what to do next."

Now I was just trying to help, and you now appear to be the stubborn one ignoring ones advice, not to mention you're the one with the problem. Dumbass.
  8. excel000

excel000 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i heard the beeps i wasn't sure whether i put it into DFU mode or not
    the reason why i wasn't sure because 1 click boot wasn't working
  9. Legendairy

Legendairy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    iTunes will tell you if it's in DFU.
  10. excel000

excel000 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yea i got the message on itunes saying its in recovery mode or something but then i tried 1 click boot and it didn't work. so i unplugged my ipod and when i plugged it back in itunes didn't detect it