Help! Can't re-jailbreak iTouch

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by janetmck, Feb 3, 2008.

1. janetmck

janetmck New Member

I did the soft upgrade from jailbroken 1.1.2 to 1.1.3, but various things weren't working quite right, I'd done rather too much messing around with trying to move Applications folders to make more space, & to cut a long story short I decided to re-jailbreak from scratch & start again.

Booted into recovery, back to 1.1.1, did the apptapp jailbreak and installed Oktoprep. Then discovered that iTunes wouldn't let me upgrade to 1.1.2 any more... so I found the ispw for 1.1.2, restored to that, ran jailbreak.jar. It claimed it had worked (on the second attempt...), but when it finished the iTouch just ended up in recovery mode. Tried again making sure I'd closed down *every* bit of iTunes... same result. Tried downgrading to iTunes 7.5 and starting again, but now I can't restore the iTouch back to 1.1.1 *at all* with either iTunes 7.5 or iTunes 7.6 -- it just gives an error.

Is there any way to get back to a jailbroken 1.1.2? Or *anything*??

Sorry if this should be obvious -- I have been looking through threads on here & other iTouch sites all night & am going cross-eyed trying to work out what I haven't tried yet. :-(

Thanks in advance for any help....
  2. x6blues

x6blues New Member

once ur on the "fresh" 1.1.1 jailbreak, with oktoprep installed, u update, shift-click update, to 1.1.2 not restore so downgrade to 1.1.1 again, jailbreak and get oktoprep, and the do the aformentioned
  3. janetmck

janetmck New Member

I can't get back to the "fresh" 1.1.1 via the old method (option-click 'restore' & select the ispw file) -- I just get "could not restore" error. :-(
  4. x6blues

x6blues New Member

force restore (connected to itunes)

1.hold power and home buttons until the ipod tab in itunes disappears.
    2.let go of power button when this happens and hold the home button until it reappears in itunes, may take about 10-20 seconds
    3.then do the shift-restore 1.1.1 firmware
    4.jailbreak via jailbreakme.com
    5.install oktoprep
    6.connect to itunes and shift-click update and select 1.1.2 firmware
  5. bfp

bfp New Member

Hey Guys Where do you get the 1.1.2 firmware download right now?

Thanks Im just having trouble finding it

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. x6blues

x6blues New Member

7. janetmck

janetmck New Member

Thanks for reassurance that I'm trying the right thing.... but honestly I've tried this half a dozen times and it gets as far as "preparing iPod for restore" and then says "The iPod 'iPod' could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1604)." :-(
  8. Avatar7

Device:
    iPod touch
    yeah i feel you on that, i'm in the same boat here, but i got here a different way. I had a jailbroken 1.1.1 and when i tried to update, after the correct prep, it just updated to normal 1.1.2 and i couldn't jail break...
    Now i've restored and am stuck on 1.1.1 which seems to have the tiff exploit patched or something... no jail break
    I've tried to restore using the recoverymode and iphuc but the same result, when i say install appsnapp it just spins its little wheel at the top and then kicks me to the home screen, no result...
    Please please help
  9. janetmck

janetmck New Member

It's alive!!!

OMG... reboot-into-recovery on a fresh install of iTunes on a Windows PC worked on the third attempt!!!! I never thought I would be so grateful to Windows. :-D

Well when I say "worked" ... it's finally out of 'recovery', I'm on a non-jailbroken 1.1.3, and iTunes on the Mac now won't see/sync the iTouch. But that's halfway there..... right? :-}

Thank you all for advice.... off to try reinstalling iTunes now (and see if I can pluck up the courage to re-re-jailbreak to get back to JB1.1.2 or even JB1.1.3).