HELP. can't jailbreak from jailbreakme.com

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by murmuzy, Jan 23, 2008.

1. murmuzy

murmuzy New Member

please help, i messed up my settings by method of advanced settings, then uninstalling and loosing my statistics and about folder. then like a fool, i deleted the prefferences.bak file.
    so i figured i could restore back with the 1.1.1 firmware file like i've done before, so i did. then i went to jailbreakme.com from my ipod, clicked on the install appsnap button, and nothing happenned, i went into the f.a.q. on jailbreakme.com and tried waiting for it for over a minute, even 10 minutes. nothing happenned.

please help, i'm almost ready to park my touch. if anyone knows how to manually jailbreak the ipod, or has encounterred this problem before, please give me some tips, tutorial, or a sympathetic pat on the back if i am truly ukerred.

nathan
  2. Paintball

Paintball New Member

Go to settings>general>about. What version are you running? make sure its a 1.1.1 and it didn't automatically update or something like that.
  3. murmuzy

murmuzy New Member

ya, i checked that just to make sure, and it's all a go, i should be able to run the jailbreak. i've had to do this before because of one of the bossapps. but when i did it that time i was able to re-jailbreak it no problem. why i cannot do it this time is beyond me
  4. RedrumsSam

RedrumsSam Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    did you restore your ipod or just update the firmware? I had problems jailbreaking 1.1.2 if i didn't do a complete restore to 1.1.1 first.....
  5. Mircix

Mircix Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Try another FASTER & STRONGER Wi-Fi. It worked for me. I had the same problem