Help!!! Cant install itunes or uninstall!!

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by dannYtroioi, Jun 20, 2009.

1. dannYtroioi

dannYtroioi New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    iTunes problem.. resolved
    my iPod isnt getting recognized!!!!!!!!! the comp doesnt even recognize it please help me!!!!!!
  2. qbal1

qbal1 New Member

im not sure why it would give you trouble on a reinstal... did you download the file to your desktop and try reinstalling? as for deleting it form program files theres a lot of background processes that itunes puts on your PC and theres also a system sevice. they can be deleted without too much effort you just have to stop the process/service first.
  3. dannYtroioi

dannYtroioi New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    i tried saving to desktop and reinstalling! lol but it still!! and i tried windows installer cleanup utility to delete all files but the program itself wont open. :[
  4. qbal1

qbal1 New Member

okay, right click "my computer" and click "manage". expand "services and applications" then click "services". find everything related to apple, mobile, itunes, or ipod and right click and stop it. then open task manager and kill all the processes related to the apple, mobile, etc also. then wait like 30 seconds and try to delete it form program files
  5. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    That just happened to me a few days ago. Download windows install clean up. Run it and remove iTunes then you will be able to install/uninstall.
  6. dannYtroioi

dannYtroioi New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    ok thanks guys!!! got it but now my laptop is not recognizing my ipod!!! omg it says found new hardware and then uncompatible and itunes doesnt even recognize it!!!!
  7. xenorecor

xenorecor New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i had to reinstall windows. no big problem for me. But you could also do what these guys said and then go through your registry yourself deleting anything apple. then going through your hard disk and deleting everything apple. then try a reinstall