Help! Can't install applications

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by jive, Dec 14, 2007.

1. jive

jive New Member

I jailbroke my iPod, and installed applications. Later, I edited the N45AP.plist file so I can change the order of icons. Now, I can't install applications. The installer runs up until it should be finalizing and adding an icon, but it conks out and returns to the home screen.
    I put in the old N45AP.plist, and the same thing happens. The permissions on the file is set to 775, so the system should be able to access it.

I'm thinking now, it may not have to do with the .plist file.

Anyone have an ideas before I lose all my data and run a restore?
  2. thesmidge

thesmidge New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Not that I know better, but aren't permissions supposed to be at 755 not 775?
  3. mattydub

mattydub New Member

Yup, it should....
  4. jive

jive New Member

I tried it at 755, 775, and 777 and still doesn't work.
  5. Joker

Joker New Member

man, i dont know, this never happened to me, mine works perfectly. Good luck finding out...

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. floydfix

floydfix New Member

Crud! Me too! If you find a way to fix this problem, please tell me, because the ability to load all of these third party apps is why i have an ipod touch in the first place! If it is broken for good, then i am going to force a reinstall and jailbreak again!
    the only thing that ever worked for me was to start uninstalling some of the last programs i had installed until it started working again, bu that has seemed to stop working as of late! Good luck!
  7. szurinaga

szurinaga New Member

hey dude, this just happened to me yesterday and i fixed it. try unistalling the last app or the last couple of apps you downloaded. Hopefully when you try to download another app it will work, its what i did
  8. jive

jive New Member

I did a couple of apps, but it's still going on. I'm afraid if I remove more apps, I'll never get them back on.
  9. szurinaga

szurinaga New Member

so are you trying to download the same app serveral times, or it wont let you download ANY new apps at all?
  10. loserxprod

loserxprod New Member

Yah.. I ironically JUST managed to fix it..
    I think it was the ipod touch customize that messed it up (the one from this forum like for only ipod touch)..
    I then deleted the apps that weren't showing from my computer and then now it works.