HELP can't get albums to play in order

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by talk-a-tive, Jan 1, 2009.

1. talk-a-tive

talk-a-tive New Member

Hi Everyone, this will probably be a bit long sorry. I think I have a 2g Ipod Touch 16gb as it's brand new. I have downloaded an album and can't figure out why it is in the correct numerical order in itunes but when I open up the album in the ipod it's not in the correct order. I have checked that shuffle is not on like you all advised in this forum and I am having the same problem with my son's ipod nano. I can't work it out, the songs have the numbers in front off them plus in the info section in itunes it also has the numbers in the boxes there as well please help me figure this out as I really like some of my good old classic teenage albums to play in the right order and it's driving me nuts. Thanks Andrea
  2. lilaz_boi

lilaz_boi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    o.c.d much?

if all else fails just make a playlist and put the songs in the order that you want them in
  3. fenderman8000

fenderman8000 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Go back in to iTunes and try editing the disc # for example Disc # 1 of 1, and on the track numbers # 12 of 12.
  4. Dattu

Dattu New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Right-click the song in iTunes, go to Get Info, go to Info and make sure that the Track Numbers are correct. Go through all the songs and make sure that it's all in order. The iPod doesn't sort by name, so you don't need the number written in front of the name of the song.

Edit: Oops, I didn't see that you already did the Get Info bit. Let me think a bit more.
  5. talk-a-tive

talk-a-tive New Member

Hi Lilaz Boi, no I don't have ocd surely there's other people out there who have a few favourite albums that they have listened to over and over again and know it off by heart and in the albums order. Come on. Anyway thanks I did do it through the playlist instead and that works but you would think that when you drop and drag the songs over in order, and have all the correct info put in that it would do it in the correct order anyway.
    Thanks for your other replies and if anyone does work it out can you please let me know. Thanks