Help, can't find OpenSSH in installer

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by becma27, Nov 2, 2007.

1. becma27

becma27 New Member

I did the jailbreak at jailbreakme.com, but when I go into installer, OpenSSH is not under the system category. I already installed the BSDsubsystem. Where can I get the OpenSSH?

Thx,

Matt
  2. BaconMunch

BaconMunch New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Download 'Community Sources' first, then OpenSSh will be listed. Then you can download 'Services' to toggle SSh/Wifi on/off to conserve battery life if you want.
  3. mixthis

mixthis New Member

this might be a dumb question, but in order to copy the iphone apps over to the touch should the touch have bsd and openssh installed before using any ftp program.

thanks,
    half way there! I have all the files, but when I use cuteftp ver 8.0 or winscp both programs give me an error that they cant connect. Safari, utube work great.
  4. zatchzeno

zatchzeno New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  5. mixthis

mixthis New Member

zatchzeno, thanks for the link. I'm now able to connect to the touch, by loading bsd and ssh--WOW-- that took like 3 days of reading, but I can now connect to the touch using cuteftp.

My new problem is, when I connect to the touch using cuteftp pro, I can only see two folders under "private/var/root", which are library and media. I'm missing the media_sym folder. How does the media_sym folder get created?

I used jailbreakme, which was copied to the touch and added the fix to calendar and installer.

I'm so close-help