Help - can't downgrade!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by cust0m, Jan 27, 2008.

1. cust0m

cust0m Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hey guys,
    I messed around with my iPod while trying to Jailbreak, then I had to restore, but iTunes restored ofc with 1.1.3. Now I can't downgrade anymore, I tried I think 3 different ways of downgrading, which different iTunes versions on 2 different PCs, but whenever I try to restore with the old firmware I just get an Error saying something of an Unknown Error (1) and it couldnt restore my iPod.
    Please tell me how to get rid of that error, I would hate it to have an unjailbroken iPod 8[
    Regards
    cust0m
  2. I_am_Mad_like_This

I_am_Mad_like_This New Member

3. cust0m

cust0m Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    dude, i get to that point, I'm not dumb ffs. I had my iPod in DFU mode 500x times, but whenenver I select the Firmware iTunes says "Unknown Error (1)"....
  4. formal

formal New Member

Mine only used to give me that error when I tried using the iphone restore image. I've reflashed about 30 times since and haven't had the problem again. ( It helps when using the right firmware image ) I've done this on 5 different ipods thus far.
  5. cust0m

cust0m Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    it worked now, same (iPod) image (used that 30 times before btw) and i just dunno what changed. well thanks for your efforts anyway
  6. kappatango

kappatango New Member

I agree with this post - That error usually means you are directing the Restore to the iphone firmware, not the ipod.....