Help! - Can't connect to safari

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jared351, Jan 28, 2008.

1. jared351

jared351 New Member

I know this is my first post, but its a peculiar situation. So I went to restore my iPod touch today, and I renamed it like it was brand new which gave me the new 1.1.3 with the apps wiggle etc...I go to wifi settings and it sees my home router. So I say connect and it prompts me for the pass and I type it in. It connects just great and shows a strong signal, so I go to Safari and I get the "safari cannot find the server" error. So I went into my router and as far as I can tell, it is WEP. I tried to connect using that setting, and still nothing. I have tried restarting the router and nothing happens. And I do have a laptop and its not having any problems. Any help would be most appreciated!!
  2. kese92

kese92 New Member

dude the same thing happend to me. you have to forget your current network and retype your password. its because you had a typo when you entered it the first time. when this happended to me i was so mad that i had already restored my ipod
  3. jared351

jared351 New Member

Solved my problem!
  4. nclakes2

nclakes2 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    how ?? i have the same problem
  5. matrixxx01

matrixxx01 New Member

press the blue arrow on your network > forget the network and re-connect.
  6. jared351

jared351 New Member

Well first of all you need to check the small things such as password and such. (that happened to be my problem

Please Register or Log in to view images

) Then try the (forget network button) and then try and reconnect. Lastly I would check your wireless router preferences (security, wep, wpa, etc...) and thats about all I know to do. Hope this helps a little.

Please Register or Log in to view images