help buying January Software update

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Caprica, Jun 10, 2008.

1. Caprica

Caprica New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Soo I have a jailbroken iPod touch with 1.1.4, after seeing whats to come in 2.0 I want to go back to normal 1.1.4 and legally buy those "January Software update" pack from iTunes.

https://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZFinance.woa/wa/touchLandingPage

is the link that should launch it to buy in iTunes, it launch iTunes (newest version) fine, iPod touch shows up.. Im logged in and everything but it doesn't go to the page for me to buy it.
  2. iTouch532

iTouch532 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Why would you buy them when you can download them for free??

just wait until 2.0 comes out And buy that software upgrade Which I'm sure will have all those apps too.
  3. Caprica

Caprica New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Oh i have them for free already..

Please Register or Log in to view images

But If i go back to normal 1.1.4 I wont, that's why Im trying to find if its still buyable on iTunes first.

I am gonna buy 2.0 when its out but no where does it say those apps come with it too, I will obviously do that if its the case.
  4. iTouch532

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well I had them when I bought my iPod then i restored with 1.1.4 and I still had them.

You don't need to buy them again.

I don't know how I did it but I also downloaded the following..

Ziphone
    iLiberty
    Winpwn.

I winpwn it

and then I restored it and I re did it and don't know what else but later on I had All the Apps this happened twice. So If you got them for free then you should still have them.

But I'm not telling you to go ahead and restore. I might have just been lucky and got them back.
  5. apple123

apple123 New Member

Well in case you lose them when you restore, simply jailbreak 1.1.4 using ZiPhone/iLiberty or whatever and then in Installer at the source http://ipodtouchmaster.com/files/repo.xml. Then install the iPhone 1.1.4 applications, and there you go! You now have the app pack for free, and it truly is a waste of money so don't but it when you cna get it for free.
  6. Clownassasin

Clownassasin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    guys, u guys are idiots, he obviously wants to buy them so he can use them when he buys 2.0 so that way he'll have both
    and the problem ur having happened to me, i just dont know what I did
    and do you guys know how i can get the software upgrade back, cause i restored my computer cause of something and i want my softwaere upgrade back, can anyone help me out
  7. iTouch532

Device:
    iPod touch
    LOL yeah I don't think I can help cause I'm An Idiot

yah lets all be didoitsoisss!! jdklfjsakfljaikj!!
  8. Caprica

Caprica New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    ooh sorry by "free" i meant not legally.. (I was trying not to mention it since I know discussing where to get em..etc isnt allowed on here)

My touch did not come with the apps, it one of the earlier ones that come with 1.1.1. I jailbroke with ZiPhone .. I've actually restore back to 1.1.4 before and the those "free" apps didnt say there.

I guess im just gonna have to wait until 2.0 and hope they are included then.

PS Im not a he, im a she

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. jvvpc

jvvpc New Member

If you brought them, just contact Apple (I did it by email) and they will do so you can download them again from itunes.
  10. Sparky1010

Sparky1010 New Member

Alright.
    About this.
    Been having an email conversation with Apple for the last few days about it.
    Here's the email I just got:

I understand that after restoring your iPod Touch and losing the software upgrade, you tried the reinstallation information I sent you but found that didn't work either. You then told me that your operating system had changed since you first purchased the software upgrade. I know you would like the options the upgrade provided back on your iPod Touch and I wish I could help.

When first purchased, the software is downloaded directly to the original purchasing computer and the next time you plug the ipod and sync you are generally able to install it, provided you are synced with the iTunes application used to download the update. Unfortunately, the iPod Touch January Software Upgrade is no longer available on the iTunes Store and I am unable to recover it for you. I also looked into the possibility of crediting you for the purchase, but unfortunately I am also unable to do that now that the purchase is greater than 60 days old. I am so sorry for this inconvenience.

Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter. You are a valued iTunes Store Customer and we appreciate your business. I wish you a wonderful summer.

So.... I asked them if the upgrade will come with 2.0. Waiting for reply.