*HELP! Bubbles on iPod Touch from screen protector (WON'T GO AWAY!)?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by saini_27, Dec 22, 2008.

1. saini_27

saini_27 New Member

So I bought a silicone case for my iPod Touch 2G and I put the screen protector but I messed up because it wasn't on straight and there were a lot of bubbles. So I took off the cover and saw that there were a few white bubble-like blotches left near the side of the touch screen. How do I remove these? they won't go away, it looks really bad! I've tried the cleaning cloth (with water too), and it seems that they move around a little when lightly squeezed but they don't disperse.

I think it is because of some residue maybe left from the stickiness of the screen protector but I'm not sure please someone help it really looks bad!
    Edit/Delete Message
  2. shitpan

shitpan Banned

you probably didn't clean your screen well before putting the protector on, so there is dust between your ipod and the screen protector.

Just keep trying to push the bubbles to the edge and get the air our. But if theres dust they will just keep coming back. You could either take it off and clean your screen properly, and put it back(make sure you keep the sticky part of the screen protector clean) or just deal with it.
  3. SolarFlare

SolarFlare New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    This happens frequently with screen protectors. It is very hard to get all the bubbles out. I would suggest not even bothering with a screen protector.
  4. ALBIM

ALBIM New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    This is a long and difficult process, so stay with me.

Step 1: Lick your finger

Step 2: Wipe the infected area with the licked finger, and see if it comes off. If not, use the screen cleaning cloth that comes with your iPod Touch and see if this works.
  5. lqv2015

lqv2015 New Member

Bubbles will eventually go away. Took about 2 months for the InvisibleShield to get completely clear. Be patient.
  6. timmychan

timmychan Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    If the screen protector hasnt got adhesive, just stick a massive piece of tape on the dirty area, it normally comes off clean
  7. SkillsToShow

SkillsToShow New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I used the bodyguardz screen protector for the front and back of my 2g and all the bubbles went away after 3 days and now it looks real good.
  8. Germany

Germany Banned

I had a similar problem with my PSP where some adhesive was stuck on after removing the screen protector. I rubbed it realy hard with my finger and then took some tape to pick up the crumbley stuff.
  9. joorowned

joorowned New Member

if u got bubbles, try using a credit card or some kinda hard plastic card and rub it on the screen.