Help Broken Ipod touch 2g

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by BrokenIpoDTouch, May 24, 2009.

1. BrokenIpoDTouch

BrokenIpoDTouch New Member

ok so i have a jailbroken ipod touch 2g loved it, but 1 day i dropped it in a bowl of cereal i no its smart to hover it over a bowl of cereal anyway the brightness was dim i turned it off and it will not turn on again i read that i should of turned it off and put it in rice but i panicked when i plug it in to my computer it does not reconize it when i plug it in to my xbox 360 to charge it like i always do the screen turns white then 5min. later it goes black then white IF ANYONE KNOWS HOW TO FIX THIS PLEASE TELL ME!!!!
    PS. i looked in the headpone jack it was pink or whatever and when the screen turns white i think i can see the milk inside

Please Register or Log in to view images

ok so im guessing i have to get it repaired by apple, but i read some other posts saying if it will truly not turn on then you can say it was never jailbroken, BUT what if they turn in on and they see my custom boot logo, cydia and installer, dtunes, gameboy, custom backround etc.????
    PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!
    ps. im new to the site and i didn't know where to post it and please be friendly!!!
    thanks
  2. Alt+F4

Alt+F4 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It's not covered under the warranty. You just might aswell buy a new one because the repair is going to be expensive and a waste. Just buy a new one.
  3. jmckeemckee

jmckeemckee New Member

I might be a little late....but it might be the lcd cable has come loose. This is a $35 fix thru us. If not, we are interested in purchasing your touch for parts. Please let us know if you are still having this problem.

www.droppedlaptop.com
    sales@droppedlaptop.com
  4. carfreak95

carfreak95 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    @jmckeemckee
    you do realise this thread is over 2 months old and the problem is probably solved..
  5. jmckeemckee

jmckeemckee New Member

Yeah, I know. I figured we'd give a shot at helping anyhow!
  6. myipodisbroken

myipodisbroken New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i hve this problem to except i didnt drop it or anything it just randomly happened and idk how to post one of these...lmao and restoring didnt work help!
  7. Babybear4u

Babybear4u New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I can fix it I fix them for a low price. if you find people on the internet that fixes them for a lot cheaper then stores and cheaper then apple just ask around to different people