[Help] BlackRa1n Isn't Working

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MuSSii, Oct 11, 2009.

1. MuSSii

MuSSii New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hey guys,
    I tried jailbreaking my new iPod Touch 3G 3.1.2 with BlackRa1n and some people said you had to run it twice so i tried it 2 times, I tried it once just running BlackRa1n then clicking "make it ra1n" and it just says entering recovery and i get the USB Cable > iTunes screen so i restored and tried again only this time i ran it again after entering recovery and this time on the 2nd BlackRa1n it says "waiting for phone..." and iTunes says it detected a iPod in recovery mode and i just get the USB Cable > iTunes screen...

Please help!!
    Much appreciated

Please Register or Log in to view images

Edit: I am on Windows Vista and I am running it on compatibility mode and also if i leave BlackRa1ning running while I'm restoring ( restoring to fix the iTunes screen ) it says "done!" on BlackRa1n after restoring. ( Ofcourse it didn't work properly though. )
  2. ScottishTaz

ScottishTaz Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I dont know whether this matters of not but i closed itunes down via task manager and had only a few programs running.
    When you press main it ra1n the first time, wait till it says waiting to reboot and geohot's face is on screen and then click the x on the window, open up blackra1n again and click make it ra1n once more and wait, your screen might flicker (mines did) and then after a few seconds it should then be on your lock screen, hope I helped!
  3. TouchLuv

TouchLuv New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    also if you are Vista or Win 7 right click on Blackra1n and run as admin....
  4. MuSSii

MuSSii New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I am running as admin and also in compatibility mode.
    It doesn't even get to reboot though i click "make it ra1n" and then it says "entering recovery..." and then my iPod goes into the USB Cable > iTunes screen and doesn't change. If i run it a second time it says "waiting for phone..." and doesn't recognise my iPT3
  5. Milesneptune

Milesneptune Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    it doesnt work with the 8GB
  6. v1dz

v1dz New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    won't work on 8gigs as everyone says.
    bt if you are 32 or 64 gigs user..
    just dnt run in compatibility mode.. its nt needed.
    RUN AS ADMIN

Click on "make it ra1n"
    it would do the job itself, do not unplug, keep it tht way.. everything would be done and u wud get the blackra1n icon.. open it and install cydia/rock/icy w/e u want. and voila its done.. dnt reboot.. else it would go in recovery mode and you have to run blackra1n again.. or restore it back ..
    i hope you got it now.
  7. AsianSpark

AsianSpark Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Ugh, why no solution for 8G?
  8. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

Geohot says if your model number starts with MB it'll work, but it won't if it starts with MC for the 8GB 2G model.

9. MuSSii

MuSSii New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Is there any way of changing it from MC or any fix for this 8GB thing?
    Also does anyone know when Greenp0ision will be released?
  10. nikislide

nikislide New Member

Answer

Rule number one...

Never Ever use blackra1n. Most of the the time it just doesnt work. Its kinda stupid. Then, When it does work, it freazez everything and completely messes up your ipod.

Rule number two...

Always use Spirit jailbreak. It never fails. Just keeps you ipod going.

Here's what you do. First of all, restore that ipod of yours one more time. THen go to google and type in "Spirit Jailbreak". Then the first link the one that says "spirit" click on that. Scroll down and choose whether you have Mac PC or Linux. press run and run. Then when that little box appears press Jailbreak. Garanteed to work 100%.

Good Luck

Please Register or Log in to view images

nikislide