help! black screen with apple logo

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by negz, Jul 2, 2009.

1. negz

negz New Member

i just recently purchased my ipod touch 2g. i followed the steps in upgrading it to 3.0 and jailbreak it with redsnow.... i had some files in my pc with which i was to sync with my ipod.... i have read somewhere that u can do this using winscp and mobileinstallation...followd the steps (renaming mobileinstallation to mobileinstallation1), drag the downloaded one....restarted the ipod and then there it is.... black screen with apple logo... ive been trying to restore it to 3.0 using itunes... but after a while the ipod turns on then off.... itunes download/software update of the firmware finishes but then it cant recognize the ipod..... help...what am i supposed to do.... i keep on restoring it and ive been doing this the whole day.... 4-6 hours each restore....help
  2. Tourniquet.

Tourniquet. Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    you cant talk about illegal (cracked) apps here, edit your post.

Please Register or Log in to view images

put it in DFU mode and then try to restore, use another computer, other usb slot etc..
  3. negz

negz New Member

oopss...
    tnx i'll try that....
  4. Tourniquet.

Tourniquet. Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    no problem,

let me know if it worked

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. nyukeit

nyukeit New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    As said above, restore it in DFU mode, since you have jailbroken it, you probably know what's DFU mode. Make sure you have iTunes 8.2. The same thing happened with me after JB (although I did not mess with mobileinstallation). My suggestion would be to keep a non-JBed iPod for now. 3.0 is still nascent, its better if you don't alter too much stuff here there. As it is, much of the JBed stuff doesn't work as yet.

Good Luck!