help apreciated, semi jailbreak SO CLOSE

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Jomann, Mar 7, 2009.

1. Jomann

Jomann New Member

I have followed a new tutorial which is found here I have gotten all the way to the last step however I can't seem to get into jailbroken mode, however I am able to get into non jailbroken mode no problem. anyone know how to get past it?

what happens is:
    put in dfu mode

run decovery

wait for it to goto connect to itunes

it just sits there and does nothing.

I know someone can help me, I will even pay for an answer to this.
  2. Actionman1995

Actionman1995 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    The same thing happenend to my ipod (mine did it for no reason. Not jailbroken) i rang apple support and they eventually told me to take it to an apple store and i did and they restored it for me. Don't know if this helps but this what i did.
  3. Jomann

Jomann New Member

I just followed yet another tutorial here I got to the last step yet again, and it just stays in "connect to itunes mode" I have done everything %100 correctly. there is something about this that just isnt working. and to the guy about me

you never had to take it to the store, ive had this thing become completely black and never make a sound and still put it in dfu mode to restore.

I am most definetely not an amateur, i realize what I am doing and everything is going on, but I dont understand the reason for the "connect to itunes error" I suppose no one is actually going to help so I'll just boot up my old computer with xp on it and hope to god it works.
  4. timmel26

timmel26 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ive got an answer: dont use semi-tethered - its sh*tty
  5. The Crow

The Crow Banned

I don't understand what the issue is, my 14yr old niece did what I told her which is to go to Youtube and type in how to semi-tether jailbreak a 2nd Gen. iPod touch. She did so and was up and running and still has all the functions like Cydia and everything to do with a jailbroken iPod and she is loving it.
  6. Tom_L222

Tom_L222 Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Don't use semi-tethered. Use tethered, there is GUI's for that.