HELP!! AppleCare not transferred onto replacement!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by carfreak95, Aug 28, 2009.

1. carfreak95

carfreak95 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hey guys!
    I got a replacement iPod Today from apple and my old one had applecare on it till august 2010.
    So I enter my new serial number and it sais my warranty has expired! My applecare wasn't transferred!!!
    So I called them and they said they'll get back to me in 30 mins and they said that it should've been transferred and something like we can refund your money and you can put it onto the replacement. Now either of those options shouldve been fine, however, I bought my applecare off of ebay and the guy emailed me the code, other than that, I have no proof of purchase! When I put the applecare on my old ipod, it worked fine and I was able to use the services so don't say it was faulty!
    So what should I do if they call again and ask for proof of purchase, can I tell them I got it from ebay? Or has anyone experienced this before? Does anyone know what they will do?

Thanks!!
  2. Jamalp

Jamalp New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    damn that sucks. i had this same problem when trying to get something repaired from ebay but i just sold it back sry