[HELP] Apple finding cracked apps on repaired iPod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sprigner, Sep 12, 2008.

1. sprigner

sprigner New Member

Ok my iPod touch died recently, hooked it up to JBL Speakers and the hole thing blew on me and hasnt turned on since.

Im wondering, is this a battery issue? or a Internal Hadware issue because if its battery then they will surely just replace it and will turn on my iPod to see a couple of cracked apps. Wich cant be good.

What makes me believe its an internal problem is that as soon as I hooked it up my ipod went to boiling heat, like couldnt hold it in my hand for more than a second, then it made this hissing noise inside for about 4hours non stop. That sounds more of a hardware electrical fault yes?

So ye, should I run the risk of sending it back?
    Thanks everyone.
  2. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

if you can try to restore it
    use the dfu method and restore to a fresh 2.1 or something
    then send it to apple
  3. sprigner

sprigner New Member

Nah you dont understand.
    It wont turn on at all, I know every method in the book and trust me this thing wont turn on

Please Register or Log in to view images

Tried 2 usb cables, 5 usb ports and wont charge or connect or even boot up.

So ye battery problem or just completely dead ipod?
    Thanks man.
  4. Kargo

Kargo Member

Device:
    iPad
    You could try your luck and take it back and say you bought it on ebay or something and just act dumb if they start talking about jailbreak etc..

I know my friend did a similar act and they gave him a replacement.
  5. sprigner

sprigner New Member

In the uk apple dont replace ipod on the spot, I think they might if your purchased it at an apple store but other than that they will simply send it off for repair. I mean what if its the battery and bang it boots up and there is cracked apps on there haha.

Alot of sueing coming my way

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. Storm Surge

Storm Surge New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Apple can't sue you for a jailbreak they can just refuse to fix it.
  7. sprigner

sprigner New Member

Cracked apps...
    ??
  8. Mijkael

Mijkael New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    hey man, same thing happend to my ipod, the apple guy told me was a battery problem and i got a new one. the thing is that when it was being charged, it turned hot till it died.

well, the thing is they didn't even realize it was jailbreaked, i thing they saw it was the battery and just followed the "give him a new one" protocol (if your warranty is not yet voided)

luck!
  9. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4

thats rubbish... my ipod did the same thing and i went to the apple store and they gave me a new one within 10 minutes of asking me questions. I got my ipod from amazon.
  10. sprigner

sprigner New Member

What and they sent it off? Becaus eim sure if they send it off there going to try all sorts to get it fixed. I just dont want them to fix it only for them to find all these cracked applications on it.

Did your ipod make a hissing noise afterwards? I can see this working only if they offer to exchange up front. Wich I cant see them doing cus I got it off eBay.

OMFGGGG Just typing that just made me realise. I diddnt get it off ebay at all. I got my 1st ipod touch off ebay then it broke and I sent it off for repairs only to get a refurbished model. So what I have is actually a refurbished one. So ima just start a fuss and make em exchange it on spot.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Well It must of been me then man. Nothing against you or anything what you said. I believe you. But I gave in my iPod Touch about 4months ago and they sent it off for repairs :S

Never offered to exhcange on spot.

What did you say to them exactly?

Thanks for your help dude.