HELP! App Store stopped working.

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by Twilight Thorn, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Twilight Thorn

Twilight Thorn New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Whenever I try to install an app from the App Store it pops up and says "Cannot connect to iTunes Store." I can still install app store apps if I download them with iTunes and sync with my computer though. Anyone know why its doing this? I could sure use the help.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Shadowriver

Shadowriver Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hmmm it's looks like network problem, but i that case iTunes'es AppStore won't work too... you tried to restart iPod? :>
  3. Twilight Thorn

Device:
    iPod touch
    I've restarted a few times and reset all settings but it still hasn't fixed it.
  4. The_Green_Fire

The_Green_Fire New Member

That's weird, mine does too. It also displays that I have 2 app updates (the badge on springboard) it's not going to get me to reset my iTouch. I can live with it. Weird glitch though.

My guess is it has to do with something I installed from Cydia, there may be an update soon. Do you remember when it stopped working? I haven't used my App Store in a long time.
  5. Twilight Thorn

Device:
    iPod touch
    I think the last thing I installed before I found out app store stopped working was the CoD4 Battery. I didn't check the app store for a while before that though so it could have been a lot of things.
  6. gorballfilms

gorballfilms New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I am having the same problem as of today the app store wont open. And i am geting network error on cydia as well. I am on 2.1 firmware ipod touch 16 gig.
  7. jd155

jd155 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well usually when it happens to me i force close the appstore (holdhomebutton) then reset my ipod and it sumtimes works

i hope your wifi's on?
  8. Twilight Thorn

Device:
    iPod touch
    I forced closed App Store and reset but it still didn't fix it. My wifi is on and I can install things from cydia just fine the App Store is the only thing that can't connect.
    EDIT: I just fixed it! All I did was install an app with [PIRACY]us and all the sudden I could download app store apps.
  9. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

You couldve just trashed the failed install or another app to fix the issue, rather than install cracked apps. Or used gojohnnyboi's gLoader to respeing and tried the install again.