iPhone 3GS Help!! Anyone With a Jailbroken iPhone 3GS

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Minichrispy, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Minichrispy

Minichrispy New Member

Okay, I'm a little mad that Apple isn't updating the iPod Touch 1G, but I can see why they made that decision. Even so, I want to use some of the iPhone's features on my iPod Touch because they do work! Let me give you an example:

On the iPod Touch, you cannot download iPhone-only apps that require a microphone unless you edit the iTunesMetadata.plist on your computer. The Macally iVoice 3 is a great mic that works with the iPod Touch 1G, but Apple will not acknowledge that. Thanks to cdevwill's tweet on enabling multitaksing on the iPhone 3G, I was able to do the same, but instead of adding a multitasking key, I added a microphone key and I can now download apps straight onto the iPod Touch.

Basically, what I need someone to do is navigate to this directory using SSH: /System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app. There, you need to find two files that vary depending on which device you have. On the iPod Touch 1G, the files are called "N45AP.plist" and "N72AP.plist." On the 3G, the files are called "N82AP.plist" and "N88AP.plist." The files on the 3GS should be something like "N (Random #) (Random #) AP.plist." Thanks in advance and hopefully, someone can help me out here! Any pictures of these files or even better, a link to download the files, but i'm pretty sure that's against the forum rules.
  2. iKeablr

iKeablr Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well is there a line you specifically need? I can help you out.
  3. Minichrispy

Minichrispy New Member

I just want a list of all of them. It would help me out so much!
  4. melterx12

melterx12 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    its not that simple. for example when the 3GS came out people tried porting voice control over to the iphone 3G, including editing plists, and it did not work. same for 3GS camera app. some minor stuff like battery percentage can be activated by editing the plists but I highly doubt youll be able to do it with full apps.
  5. Minichrispy

Minichrispy New Member

I know it's gonna be hard, but I at least want to try. Voice control is impossible for me. I've tried many times, all ending up with me needing to restore. I just want to see what else I can do.
  6. uwingameuwingame

uwingameuwingame New Member

5 months ago
    Hey I realy wana jailbreak mine but I am afraid it might crash. Any advices can help thanks. Oh and is your iPhone working perfect still since you jailbroken it?? Get back to me asap
  7. deandra10

deandra10 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I don't mean to get into this conversation, but I tried jailbreaking my iPod and I did but now It won't get off of the cydia galaxy screen, what do I do?
  8. Scribble102

Scribble102 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I would restore and try again myself whats your device/firmware?
  9. Samphotog

Samphotog Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    what is a cydia galaxy screen?
  10. shashanknegi

shashanknegi Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    not sure, i think he means Spirit boot screen.