HELP all my movies are gone!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by charlienesh, Oct 19, 2007.

1. charlienesh

charlienesh New Member

After i downloaded my movies to my ipod i deleted them now they are totally gone. How can i get them back.
  2. Complexis

Complexis Retired Moderator

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    You will have to use iTunes to recopy all the movies back onto it. You cannot recover it if you deleted them off your iPod with your iPod alone. When you use the erase content feature, it seriously erases everything. Shouldn't be a suprise.
  3. charlienesh

charlienesh New Member

i had the movies in i file they are not from itunes i deleted them from my pc not ipod but when i pluged it back in the movies erased from my ipod that is just retarted.
  4. Complexis

Complexis Retired Moderator

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    That is because everytime you plug your iPod back in and iTunes loads up, it resyncs your iPod. Since there were no Videos in the PC, the iTunes synced your iPod with your PC, and thus, since your PC had nothing, your iPod then has nothing.

To avoid this from happening again, go to your preferences in iTunes and uncheck Sync Automatically, otherwise it will always go by whats on your PC and not just movies, but pictures, songs, etc also would get erased.
  5. n88n

n88n New Member

sounds like you have the "automatic" syncing method turned on. That is where iTunes makes everything on your iPod match everying in iTunes everytime you plug it in.

Just turn it to "manually manage" on the ipod's preference pages.

That way nothing on your ipod changes unless you do it specifically.
  6. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i find erasing movies directly on thetouch to not work very well. if i delete them using the touch itself, and then turn it off and back on again, the videos show back up in the list, but dont take up any room and dont play anymore, but they're still in the list even though the videos are not there anymore.