Help again! Now Ive installed Tiger...

Discussion in 'Mac & OS X' started by MrBrightside, Jul 31, 2008.

1. MrBrightside

MrBrightside Active Member

I have a feeling this is going to be a really noob question but anyway...

After many unsuccessful attempts of installing different versions of Leopard on my PC, I installed Tiger 10.4.8. Ive read about how to update to 10.4.10 so I'll try that soon.

Seeing as its a hackintosh, I obviously cant update it the normal way otherwise It will cause problems.

So anyway, the noob question, is there any way I can upgrade to Leopard without having to actualy try and install Leopard? Is there an update disc around? As I said, Leopard really does not work so thats not an option. The furthest I got was installing Leopard but it not booting and ive tried fixes so I want to update from Tiger instead.
  2. malibusurfer93

malibusurfer93 Banned

heres my answer to all hackintoshers. if you like the mac os so much...buy a mac. im not saying mac is better...im just saying that if you like it just buy it. i mean why buy and apple when you want a pear? why buy strawberries when you want an orange? if you want a mac dont buy a pc
  3. micaheljcaboose

micaheljcaboose Well-Known Member

Because you already have a PC and its relatively new. Or you can't afford a mac.
  4. MrBrightside

MrBrightside Active Member

And plus I cant say I like Mac OS because ive used it for about 15 minutes today. Try answering my question instead of typing something not relevant to it =]
  5. jameslf

jameslf New Member

No, you have to install "Leopard" first. From there you can do combo updates from 10.5.1 to 10.5.3. After that, you can do the standard software update to 10.5.4. If you are having trouble installing "Leopard", make sure you uncheck the vanilla kernel in the customize screen. Just install the SSE2 support (if you have a SSE2 processor) and either the mbr or guid depending on how your drive is formatted. Hope this helps.
  6. Nickll9009

Nickll9009 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If you men through software update then no.

BUT - if you download a leopard ISO then mount it, you can run "OSInstall.pkg" or something like that and it will install leopard without having to boot a DVD.