Help Accessing School Network

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by GoSoxTM, Jan 23, 2008.

1. GoSoxTM

GoSoxTM New Member

Ok, well I am currently in a conundrum. I can access my school network (I have to enter in the details, it's WEP security and I have the password) and all goes well, even the Wi-Fi bars in the top left are full. Then, when I open safari it says that it can't find the server. No other programs that require internet work, either. Anyone have any idea as to why this would be happening? I mean, the Wi-Fi bars are full so I'm really lost as to what to do.
  2. JoeBurt

JoeBurt New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    this happens to me too
    any thoughts?
  3. dmoney15555

dmoney15555 New Member

your school might have the WEP security (easy to crack), but they may also have a MAC address filter, so they can choose what computers are on their network. You need to download the MACaddy.app from TAUW -i think spelled correct, and find out what the filter MAC addresses are.

Edit: i posted the .zip file, SSH it to install it, MAKE SURE YOU BACKUP YOUR OLD MAC ADDRESS JUST IN CASE

Please Register or Log in to view images

Attached Files:

4. GoSoxTM

GoSoxTM New Member

Alright I downloaded it and I opened it and the first prompt is to "Enter MAC address". How do I know what to enter? :/
  5. spiffy

spiffy New Member

just because you have wifi, doesn't mean it's internet.....I think. But this happened to me today also.
  6. bronco

bronco New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch

I can't even get this far. DLD, SSH to ipod but when i tap to open it stalls and takes me back to home page.

FIXED - now I'm at the same screen as you

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. derdj

derdj New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    This might help.

Click the Start button, and select Run. In the space provided, enter cmd and click OK.

At the command line, enter ipconfig /all. Your MAC address will be displayed as the Physical Address and your IP address will be displayed as the IP Address (see screenshot below).
  8. bronco

bronco New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch

So I give my iPod the same MAC as my PC?
  9. derdj

derdj New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Im guessing so... and for school you input the one for the school network. Im not going to try it right now incase i mess something up.
  10. derdj

derdj New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Okay, I decided to try it anyways, and it works. So just do that... now i just need to figure out how to crack my school's WEP passcode.