Help a.s.a.p!!!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by UnseenB4, Feb 13, 2010.

1. UnseenB4

UnseenB4 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hi there, I know this is most likely in the wrong area but I browsed the forums and I couldn't find the correct location to implement this topic.

If this website does not offer support to iPod Touch users then I completely understand ;-)

Anyway, moving on to the point I am having issues "restoring" an iPod Touch 1st Generation (Or at least I think it is)

Basically; I put the iPod Touch into DFU mode and try to restore using iTunes and even though iTunes recognises the iPod in place; it lasts for about 3 seconds, or I have the choice to click "OK" when it says "iTunes has detected an iPod in recovery mode. You must restore this iPod before it can be used with iTunes." I then click the "OK" button and iTunes disbands the iPod as no longer recognised and then it will just not display the iPod any longer; without any restoration beginning at ALL...

Please if someone can help I would be 100% appreciative of their support and kindness; this was a christmas present from my parents and I have no idea how to repair it

Please Register or Log in to view images

IF you can help I would be absolutely happy with that... Please help if you can

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thanks!

- Phil
  2. Mr.Funman

Mr.Funman Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    why am i still seeing this thread?
  3. UnseenB4

UnseenB4 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Are you not able to help? And what do you mean why are you still seeing this thread? :/
  4. iTam

iTam Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    try plugging it in while holding the home button
  5. Mr.Funman

Mr.Funman Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    because 3.2 ist even out yet, and his thread is about a 1G iPod touch that couldnt be restored, so usually threads like this should be closed/moved.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    i WAS NINJAD!
  6. UnseenB4

UnseenB4 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    No I dont know what firmware version it is; I just left it as the default one; the home button whilst holding with USB in doesn't work... As soon as as I click "OK" to restore it; it dissapears and doesn't let me...
  7. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

You're not in DFU mode. You're probably in restore mode. Search for a tutorial on DFU mode, rather than restore and try again. There should be nothing on your screen if you're in DFU.
  8. Coca Cola

Coca Cola Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I'm assuming your problem isn't yet solved.. here's how to put your iPod into DFU mode:

Hold Home+Power button for around 15 seconds.
    Let go of power button and hold home button for 10 seconds.
    Your screen should be black! Congratz! You are in DFU Mode("Definitely F**Ked Up Mode)
  9. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator