Help a noob get some themes...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by pi eater, Oct 13, 2008.

1. pi eater

pi eater New Member

Ok, so I guess I would be considered an ipod touch noob, but I just want to download some themes (and possibly a few apps) on my girlfriends ipod (v2.1)... and I don't really have the time to continue trying to find ways to do this on my own. I have done a few productive things so far, such as jailbreaking it (using quickpwn) and added installer and cydia. I also have winterboard and customize running, but I'm not entirely sure how to use them properly. As for winterboard i can figure it out once i see the theme in the checklist, but I don't know how to get them there, and as for customize, it says "could not find the required files offline."

Basically I need to find a good source for themes, and figure out how to load them onto the ipod (i.e. where and how to save them) and activate them. Can anyone help me out? Thanks!

oh, and one method i found used ssh, but i can seem to get that to work either... could it be the fact that I am using a proxy wi-fi via my laptop (since i only have a LAN connection in my apt)?
  2. Atl

Atl New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Download the themese from Cydia and use Winterboard to make em show.
  3. pi eater

pi eater New Member

thanks... i think im starting to get a feel for it.....

what does it mean when it says "error: unable to decode package"?
  4. Nross666

Nross666 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    you may have your wifi turned off in the settings.