Help a guy who screwed up

Discussion in 'iPad' started by NitroBum, Jul 13, 2010.

1. NitroBum

NitroBum Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Can someone with an iPad please email me the three files from /var/mobile/Library/Safari ? They are Bookmarks.db, History.plist, and SuspendState.plist.

I swear I'm not some stalker trying to find your web history. I really couldn't care less. I just decided to edit one of my Safari bookmarks by changing the URL inside Bookmarks.db. It turns out that editing Bookmarks.db makes you lose the entire Bookmarks Bar and the ability to add new bookmarks in Safari.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I tried restoring and it just put back the same .db file when I restored to my backup, so I will need a new one.

I believe all three files in this folder are synced so that one cannot change without the other two changing accordingly. Thus, by manually editing one of these files, I lost the whole set.

If anyone has a fresh firmware on their iPad, I would prefer the files from you so I don't start new with some random person's history and bookmarks.

However, anyone who can help would be greatly appreciated.

bennerm.mail@gmail.com

Thanks!!!
  2. Unreal Boy

Unreal Boy Member

Device:
    iPad
    does openssh still mess up location services?
  3. NitroBum

NitroBum Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    No, there was an update.
  4. NitroBum

NitroBum Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I solved my problem by creating all my bookmarks again in Internet Explorer and then syncing my bookmarks with the browser. It works beautifully now!