Help a guy out...what to buy now??

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by 20ducks, Sep 9, 2009.

1. 20ducks

20ducks New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I don't need a phone so iPod Touch appears to be the answer, or does it. I want intrawebness and email, all the other apps will be gravy. So what is the best deal to get now?

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thanks for you patience with a newbie.

Greg
  2. Baggy Spandex

Baggy Spandex Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Your best bet is to re-post your wants/needs, because you basically answered your own question. Intrawebness and email? You don't want any other apps? Just gravy? No mashed taters?
  3. 20ducks

20ducks New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Sure I like weather, maps and plenty of other apps but it is the internet and email that I will be looking at most of the time. My wife has a 1gen touch which she bought just recently off of her son. So we are both really new with the "touch" features. With price changes and other changes (or not) with these products recently I am needing advice on what will fit my needs. 8 or 16g will allow plenty of music storage for me.
  4. Baggy Spandex

Baggy Spandex Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    I'd say wait for the 3g to become available, and get that. The benefit of buying an old, possibly used 2g or even 1g is obviously because they're less expensive. The benefit of the 3g, it's new, it's sexy, it's faster, blah blah blah....

The new touch is very similar to the old touch, just minor improvements. If you're just needing internet and mail, why not get a blackberry and a new nano and call it good?
  5. 20ducks

20ducks New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    The iPod Touch is a much more appealing beast.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Best Buy is selling the 3GS iPhone for $199 could I use this as a Touch w/o the phone service connected?